Pressure washing is one of those chores that can be hugely satisfying. Ever wonder how to clean the mess and stains on your home? Pressure washing may be the best tool to get the job done.
Pressure washing uses a high-sprayed water spray tool and equipment to clean molds, dust, stains, and other dirt on your house, patio, deck, sidewalks, buildings, vehicles, and other surroundings. Wash Buggy Professionals have been providing power washing and house washing services throughout Delaware for years, helping homeowners clean up and add curb appeal. It’s a great plan to have Wash Buggy professionally clean these areas yearly for you and then you can easily maintain them yourself throughout the year by DIY house washing.
Our homes are a place for relaxation after a tiring day at work, a nice place to hang out with friends, and it can be a perfect spot for a fancy dinner and gathering. Thus, having a clean and dirt-free house is also a great reflection of ourselves and makes us feel comfortable. House washing is one of the most common things that pressure washing can be used for. But not all pressure washing is the same, that is why it is better to know the Dos and Don’ts of pressure washing!
Since you are not a professional like Wash Buggy, use this list of dos and Don’ts so that your DIY pressure washing can be effective and fun in the comfort of your home and not cause damage!
- When pressure washing it is better to practice first before beginning your house washing. Why? So that you will use your time effectively and preferably you’ll know how to handle it properly. Pressure washing can be quite tough while using, that is why you need to practice first – Test the outlet tip and pressure in an open area to make sure you’re holding the equipment in a proper way and you have an idea of how forceful the pressure is. You don’t want to end up being soaked with water or losing control.
- If there are outdoor electronics like plugs, cover and tape them with water-resistant tape so that there’s no harm and it can avoid causing short circuits if wet. Nowadays, because we get too excited to use some tools and equipment, we tend to forget our safety. That is why it is better to check first our surroundings before we proceed so that there will be no damages or accidents that can be done because of our negligence.
- House washing is one of the most common things that pressure washing is used for, so try it first outside of your house and a low area. Start with the lowest pressure and work your way up. For pressure washers, power is gauged in pounds per square inch (PSI). Pressure washing can be used as much as 3,000 to 4,000 PSI. Start with a lower PSI first so that it will be easy for you to adjust the power until it reaches its full force.
Tip: You can mix some cleaning solution on your pressure washers to complete your cleaning process and rinse it with water. It is better to use non-slip slippers/shoes because the mixture of soap and water can be too slick, and it may cause accidents.
Now that you have learned some dos about pressure washing and house washing. Let us dodge the don’ts of pressure washing to complete our DIY house washing basics!
- Don’t underestimate the power of pressure washing, the pressure itself can be harmful and may lead to damage. Be careful and mindful in using it. Don’t be too excited nor have fun in doing it because it may cause certain harm to you and the structures. It’s better to trust a professional like Wash Buggy to handle high areas and tough stains.
- Don’t point it at animals or people. Remember you are dealing with high pressurized water, and it is not advisable to point it or use it towards animals or people because it may lead to certain accidents.
- Don’t overspray and pay attention to avoid The pressure can cause damage to your siding and gutters and damage glass so is advisable to clean your windows with a cloth by hand.
About Wash Buggy Pressure Washing
Now, you know the dos and don’ts of pressure washing especially if you are planning to try DIY house washing in between Wash Buggy’s professional service. But always remember, it is better to seek a professional who knows how to use and handle such equipment. Wash Buggy has trained personnel with professional experience. Trying to save a few bucks can actually cause thousands of dollars in damages if you are not careful.
Take the work out of housework! Experience great service from Wash Buggy Pressure Washing and House Washing Service in Delaware. Quality service for quality customers. For more questions, please check the webpage www.washbuggy.com and make your curb appeal better through Wash Buggy House Cleaning.